Friday, January 20, 2012

Ambition

In short, I have none. Not when it comes to a career anyway. I just want a job that doesn't make me watch the clock all day and has decent people to talk to. That's it. And I want this job to fall from the sky and land in my lap and say, "Hey Christie, I am a good job for you. I won't suck. Promise!"

I used to think grades and degrees were important. I went after A's like they were the keys to eternal life. And now? Who cares? Want to know my college GPA? Didn't think so. Want to read that essay I had published in a journal? No? Me neither. I'm bored just thinking about it.

Point is, I used to have ambition. I used to want to be somebody. I wanted people to be impressed. But my job experience since college mostly qualifies me to be someone's assistant. Not exactly the most exciting career path. Especially considering how much I hate being told what to do. Occupational hazard, I suppose.

So maybe that's why I'm not really motivated to keep searching out positions where I am one of 400 applicants bragging about my excellent computer skills and office experience.

I think I'll just keep watching the sky for that perfectly gift-wrapped job.

Hey, I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment