Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dancing Queen

Minnie is going to her first-ever school dance this weekend. Let's just let that fact sink in for a minute...

...Nope a minute wasn't long enough. Still doesn't seem real.

There will be BOYS there. Ahhhhh! My goal for the next 10 years or so is to keep boys away from Minnie. And this isn't an easy task. She is way too pretty. And I can say this with a certain amount of objectivity because I had nothing to do with it. In fact, if she had my genes she'd be awkward and chubby at 11, and we wouldn't have to worry about any of this!

So now it's crunch time. Time to implement a plan of attack. Options include: an all girls boarding school, moving to Alaska where she'll be covered up by a parka most of the time, or locking her in her room for the next 10 years.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of these choices are realistic. So the only thing left to do is sit back and watch. No matter what we do, this whole parenting thing is a shot in the dark. 90% of it is pure luck.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. God gave this girl 3 parents for a reason. All hands on deck!



Minnie and I dancing at our wedding, October 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment