Monday, August 8, 2011

Top Ten Reasons Why Unemployment Doesn't Suck

I love a good list. Can ya tell? If subcategories are involved, even better. So here's my list of reasons why unemployment doesn't suck.

1. Going to the pool during the day, on a weekday, is pretty awesome.

2. In theory, I can work out more often. (I've only actually done this once during the past week.)

3. I'm spending a ton of time with the kids. They go back to school next week, so at least I got 2 weeks with them.

4. My house is on its way to being completely organized. I even cleaned and sorted our entire basement which revealed several species of spiders as well as various varieties of Nerf darts.
Subcategory 4a: I'm having a garage sale this weekend. My first one ever. Hey, gotta bring in the money somehow! (It took me about an hour to figure out the HTML code to indent this. This is going to revolutionize my list making!)
5. I have time to grocery shop and actually cook. Which is good because our eating out budget has decreased considerably. (Before you get too impressed, "cooking" translates to making tuna sandwiches, sloppy joes, or Hamburger Helper.)

6. Sleeping in is possibly the best thing ever. My alarm clock has been seriously neglected this past week. The snooze button is enjoying the break, I'm sure.

7. I have time for blogging. Reading them, writing one, doesn't matter. I'm in love.

8. I can actually carry on an entire uninterrupted phone conversation without locking myself in my bathroom. Of course, most of my friends have babies, so I can only talk to them when their little howler monkeys precious angels are asleep.

9. While I was working, I alternated which type of shower I would take. Every other day, I could shave my legs. On the opposite days, I would wash my hair. Never both on the same day. That would require less snooze button abuse on my part, and frankly I enjoy sleep more than hairless legs or clean hair. Now, I can shower for as long as I like and actually look like a civilized person. Granted, I usually jump right back into my pj's. But hey, at least I'm clean.

10. Three words. Daytime. Courtroom. Dramas. Judge Milian and Judge Toler are my new bffs. I want to go for coffee with them and invite them to my house for a barbecue.

There ya go. 10 reasons why unemployment doesn't completely suck. I know most of these reasons will wear off after a week or two, and I'll be bored out of my mind. But for now, I'm focussing on the positives and taking my time to find a job that makes getting up early and DVRing Divorce Court worth it.

Until then, my alarm clock and I are retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment